Skip to main content

Student Loan Guidebook for Servicemembers and Their Advocates

Consumer Protection – Federal Resources

Congress created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans. The CFPB has a dedicated Office of Servicemember Affairs to address consumer financial challenges affecting military members, veterans, and their families. Visit their website. 

For general inquiries submitted electronically, contact Service member Affairs at Answers to frequently asked consumer questions can be found here

If you have issues with your credit card, mortgage, credit reporting, debt collection, bank account or service, money transfer, payday loan, private student loan, or other consumer loan you may submit a complaint here or call toll-free at (855) 411-CFPB (2372); TTY/TDD 855-729-CFPB (2372). The CFPB can assist over the phone in more than 180 languages. Complaints can also be faxed in to (855) 237-2392 or mailed to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, PO Box 4503, Iowa City, IA 52244. 

New Year, New Laws: SCRA Changes